If there’s a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful, or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have. Complaining about money, arguing about money, getting frustrated about money, being critical of the cost of something, or making someone else feel bad about money are not acts of gratitude, and the money in your life can never improve; it will worsen.
No matter what your current situation, the very thought that you don’t have enough money is being ungrateful for the money you have. You have to get your current situation out of your mind and instead feel grateful for the money you do have, so the money in your life can magically increase!
“Whoever has gratitude (for money) will be given more, and she or he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have gratitude (for money), even what she or he has will be taken from her or him.”
Feeling grateful for money when you have very little is challenging for anyone, but when you understand that nothing will change until you’re grateful you will be inspired to do it.
The subject of money can be a tricky one for many people, especially when they don’t have enough, so there are two steps to the Magic Money practice. It’s important that you read through the entire practice of Magic Money at the beginning of the day, because you will continue with the money practice throughout the day.
Sit down and take a few minutes to think back through your childhood before you had any or much money. As you recall each memory where money was paid for you, say and feel the magic words, thank you, with all your heart for each instance.
- Did you always have food to eat?
- Did you live in a home?
- Did you receive an education over many years?
- How did you travel to school each day? Did you have schoolbooks, school lunches, and all the things you needed for school?
- Did you go on any vacations when you were a child?
- What were the most exciting birthday gifts you received when you were a child?
- Did you have a bike, toys, or a pet?
- Did you have clothes as you grew so quickly from one size to the next?
- Did you go to the movies, play sports, learn a musical instrument, or pursue a hobby?
- Did you go to the doctor and take medicine when you were not well?
- Did you go to the dentist?
- Did you have essential items that you used every day, like your toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, and shampoo?
- Did you travel in a car?
- Did you watch television, make phone calls, use lights, electricity, and water?
All of these things cost money, and you received them all – at no charge! As you travel back through memories of your childhood and youth, you’ll realize how many things you received that equate to hard-earned money. Be grateful for every single instance and memory, because when you can feel sincere gratitude for the money you’ve received in the past, your money will magically increase in the future! It is guaranteed by Universal law.
To continue with the practice of Magic Money, take a dollar bill and write on a sticker that you place on the bill:
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MONEY I’VE BEEN GIVEN THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.
Take your Magic Dollar Bill with you today and put it in your wallet, purse, or pocket. At least once in the morning and once in the afternoon, or as many times as you want, take it out and hold the Magic Dollar Bill in your hands. Read your written words and be truly grateful for the abundance of money you’ve been given in your life. The more sincere you are, and the more you feel it, the faster you will see a miraculous change to the circumstances of your money.
You will never know ahead of time how your money will increase, but likely you will see many different circumstances change for you to have more money. You could find money you didn’t realize you had, receive unexpected cash or checks, receive discounts, rebates, or decreases in costs, or receive all kinds of material things that would have cost you money.
After today, put your Magic Dollar Bill in a place where you will continue to see it every day to remind you to be grateful for the abundance of money you have been given, never forgetting that the more times you look at your Magic Dollar Bill and feel gratitude for the money you have been given, the more magic you will bring forth. An abundance of gratitude for money equals an abundance of money!
If you find yourself in a situation where you’re about to complain about something to do with money, whether it’s through your words or your thoughts, ask yourself: “Am I willing to pay the price for this complaint?” Because that one complaint will slow or even stop the flow of money.
From this day forward, make a promise to yourself that whenever you receive any money, whether it’s your salary for work, a refund or discount, or something that someone gives you that costs money, you will be truly grateful for it. Each of these circumstances means that you have received money, and each instance gives you an opportunity to use gratitude’s magical power to increase and multiply your money even more by being grateful for the money you’ve just received!
Magic Money Practice
- Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel gratitude for each one.
- Sit down and take a few minutes to think back through your childhood and all the things you received that were provided at no charge to you.
- As you recall each memory where money was paid for you, say and feel the magic words, thank you, with all your heart for each instance.
- Take a dollar bill or other small bill and write on a sticker that you place on the bill in big bold letters:
- THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MONEY I’VE BEEN GIVEN THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.
Take your Magic Dollar Bill with you today, and at least once in the morning and once in the afternoon, or as many times as you want, take it out and hold the Magic Dollar Bill in your hands. Read your written words and be truly grateful for the abundance of money you’ve been given.
After today, put your Magic Dollar Bill somewhere you will see it every day to remind you to continue to be grateful for the abundance of money you have been given in your life.
Just before you go to sleep tonight, hold your Magic Rock in one hand, and say the magic words, thank you, for the best thing that happened during the day.
Article courtesy of The Secret